Sunday, December 27, 2009

Which cleaning product is the best for washing walls?

I'm moving into my deceased grandmother's home and the walls are VERY dirty. I plan on re-painting all of the walls. Any suggestions on what to use? Thanks!!Which cleaning product is the best for washing walls?
ya know what Charley?


I went to the dollar store


I bought what-ever they use for pine-sol and a new piece of crap mop.


I washed the walls with the mop it took me 1 hour to do the whole job. I saved so much money I hired a neighbor boy to throw a couple coats of paint on the wall and then I went in behind him and did touch ups. Its very clean and fresh now.


sorry about gramma, bless her heart.


she would be glad family is still in the house!


she will sleep much better :)Which cleaning product is the best for washing walls?
I used TSP. I can't remember what the letters stand for but it removes grease, oil, sooty dirt and prepares painted surfaces for repainting. It's reasonably priced and a little goes a long way. I purchased it at Home Depot. IT comes in a powder form you mix with water or a liquid already diluted brand.





Here's a link


http://housewares.hardwarestore.com/35-1鈥?/a>
Go to any hardware store and ask for TSP. This stuff is amazing. It takes nicotine, grease, you name it off your walls.


You will have to paint as it takes the gloss and finish off your walls. Each time I paint I clean the walls with TSP then use the primer.





Have fun
Go to the paint store, like lowes or Home depot and ask them. They make a water soluble wall cleaner that is safe. I used to paint for a living years ago, but can't recall what it's called. It works real well on water base paint.
i use just Ivory dish liquid and water and use a sponge mop to wash the walls.
I just washed mine down with lysol diluted in how water, not only does it clean well but disinfects at the same time
magic erasor...get a wal-mart
Pregnant or not, average household detergents are dangerous! Cancer causing, allergy triggering, and all that fun stuff. Try switching to vinegar and baking soda (don't mix, put baking soda down and then spray with vinegar - GREAT cleaner. Add essential oil for a pretty smell.). Its cheaper and better for you. For cleaning walls, you can use vinegar, but I've found that the Magic Eraser will clean just about anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment