Monday, December 21, 2009

How can I wash walls painted with flat paint?

I try to wash the walls, but with flat paint the water even stains the wall!How can I wash walls painted with flat paint?
Hi Angelkiss, well i have been doing this all day yesterday, i am getting new carpet layed down soon and thought this would be the perfect opportunity to wash down the walls, ok, use Sugarsoap, you can buy it at a hardware store or supermarket, follow the directions, and make sure you go over it after you wash it down with the sugarsoap with clean water, you should have seen the dirt that came off mine, now it looks as though i've just painted it. good luck.





My dad is a painter and this is what he uses all the time. i also have flat paint on the walls and it's come up beautiful. hard work though, you may get some sore muscles from it.





Apparently it is called TSP in AmericaHow can I wash walls painted with flat paint?
I have always used a mild soap and water.Change the water often to keep it clean.Have no problems with staining.Suggest repainting with satin or semi-gloss for ease of cleaning next time.
I wish I had a good answer for you. I HATE flat-painted walls for exactly that reason.





My whole house was painted in flat off-white. With 2 kids and 3 dogs, what a nightmare!





I've been repainting, a room at a time, since I moved here. I use a satin finish because it's sooo much more washable.





First, make sure you dust the walls down very well before you put anything wet on them. It might be dust mixing with water that is causing those ';stains';. With flat, you almost have to clean the whole wall at once to avoid that spotting. And, if you scrub too hard, you'll take the paint right off, down to bare drywall. Use a very diluted and mild cleaning solution and be sure not to leave any soap-residue behind.





I've had better luck for spot-cleaning using a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, very gently and barely wet, and then wiping that area with a barely damp cloth afterward.

No comments:

Post a Comment