Sunday, December 27, 2009

What cleaner is best to wash the walls with. ? I am going to paint after.?

Windex. Sounds kind of crazy but it does not leave a residue, which will give you a smother finished surface.





If after this a stain bleeds through the paint, use a spray can of oil based ';Kills'; primer to block it from bleeding through again.





http://www.coloradofauxpainting.comWhat cleaner is best to wash the walls with. ? I am going to paint after.?
the best thing to use is tsp available at most hardware stores.What cleaner is best to wash the walls with. ? I am going to paint after.?
TSP has always been the best stuff as far as I know.
To wash your walls and break the surface of the old paint so your new paint will adhere properly, use TSP. It's available in the laundry section and most paint stores. Works great!
I guess it depends on what's on your walls to begin with - maybe use a capful or two of bleach in a bucket of hot water to scrub down the walls.


If it were me, I'd say **** cleaning 'em (unless it's real bad) and cover the walls with Killz, an antimicrobial paint that kills nasty stuff and covers it up. They have a white primer you can use as a base coat and then paint on top of it, or you can buy it tinted in a few different colors. It's kinda expensive, though.


Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment