Monday, December 21, 2009

How often do you wash the walls in your house? What do I use?

I want to wash the walls in my house. Just figure I'll use hot water and what?How often do you wash the walls in your house? What do I use?
**** and Span or Pine Sol. I like Pine Sol and it smells so clean and fresh.How often do you wash the walls in your house? What do I use?
I agree with Donna D. Half vinegar half water mix works very well, I must cation you though, do not soak the walls. A little bit goes a long way. Just a light mist should suffice. Honestly I don't do it as often as necessary but once a month should be more then enough unless you have some thing that is causing excess wall dirt.





If dealing with mold on your walls do the same thing with bleach but dilute it quite extensively and be careful it is bleach it will ruin cloths and carpet, normally you would only use bleach on painted walls and just a very very little amount of diluted to get rid of mold.





All in all i would suggest vinegar water and probably about once a month.
Mild dish detergent and water works great to remove fingerprints, but you should rinse since the detergent will leave a film.





Otherwise I only wash when they seem dirty, which for me probably works out to every three or four years. I do dust the walls with a big duster every few months. But I don't have small children mucking up the walls with fingerprints.
Well to be honest I remember to wash my walls (and get around to it) like once every 5 years. I use fabulous it's a cleaning agent you can get at family dollar and hot water it works wonders.
i usually use pine sol - the blue one that smells really good.


ALSO, here's a time and back saver - use a mop with a sponge head from the dollar store thats only a dollar! it goes so much faster adn not near the bending and straining!
vinegar.put some vinegar and water half and half in a spray bottle and spray the walls down and wipe with a wet rag.your walls should be clean and smell fresh.
well it depends on the material - paneling there are some sprays for that. wallpaper use the respective cleaning for that; painted walls, too much water could soften the plaster.






I use Murphy's soap in a spray bottle, Has a nice clean smell and no strong chemicals.


This removes finger smudges and grease and more.



Mr Clean Magic Eraser
You could just use soap and water. I use a product called ';Mean Green'; it works good for walls.
Use 409 all purpose cleaner. We wash our walls twice a year.

No comments:

Post a Comment