Sunday, December 27, 2009

How do I wash my walls inside my house they have paint on them and I don't want the paint coming off.Thanks

I did this recently in my kitchen. It took me two days to complete (the walls were really dirty, and I was exhausted!). I filled a large bucket with really, really hot water, and added a healthy dose of store-brand cleaner (like Mr.Clean). I got a new, sponge-head mop (the kind where you have to press out the excess water with the attached plastic ';flap';), and started in one corner, at the top (always start at the top of the wall, at the ceiling line, as some water will inevitably drip down). I did one continuous ';sweep'; downwards, stopping about half-way down to rinse the mophead off under very hot water in the sink, then dipping again in the bucket to start again. I was shocked (and embarrassed!) at how much dirt there was on those walls!!! By the time I finished, the whole room looked as if it had been repainted. It was well worth the sweat.





If the walls you are talking about are painted with flat paint, you have to be careful not to saturate them, or use too much (or too potent) cleaner, and don't apply too much pressure as you move the mop. You may have to go around the room a second time.





If you're only talking about a few spots here and there, then it would be better (and far less work) to spot-clean with a rag and an appropriate cleaner. I use a product called ';Goo Gone'; (available in the hardware section at WalMart, less than $3) for almost everything, from grease stains to crayon/pen marks. Let me warn you, though - once you wash away a small area, you may find that, by comparison, the rest of the wall looks shabby - and you will end up washing the whole room, anyway.





On the plus side, it's a helluva calorie burner!!!How do I wash my walls inside my house they have paint on them and I don't want the paint coming off.Thanks
To make it easier you can moop your walls lightly. My Mom does it all the time, once she used clorox,it didn't tear off the paint.How do I wash my walls inside my house they have paint on them and I don't want the paint coming off.Thanks
use a lightly wetted sponge
wipe with water seal,let dry,use the ';magic';eraser,it works great
use a weak dail soapy water mixture and that will make them


clean and wont pell the paint off
Mr Cleans Magic eraser dose a great job.
use warm water and a product like TSP (trisodiumphosphate)


start at the bottom and work up as dirty water will not leave streaks on the clean part.


rinse with cool clean water
If you have a satin or semi-gloss finish, just about any cleaner will work. You might try foaming bathroom tile cleaner. It works wonders on flat surfaces.
a rag and a bucket of plain old water, that's the way I do it.
I've found out that clorox disinfecting wipes or even baby wipes work.
Magic Erase is the BEST THING EVER!!!!





( Mr. Clean )





Walls, floors, indoors and out!!! You have to try it!!!
  • oil production
  • make lip gloss
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment