Monday, December 21, 2009

I need to repaint my hallway, the kids have had an artist touch. What do I wash the walls with before I paint?

It has been almost ten years and needs to be re painted. Do I use just soap and water? Then I prime it and paint it, right?I need to repaint my hallway, the kids have had an artist touch. What do I wash the walls with before I paint?
You can use **** N Span with a bucket and sponge. Be sure the walls are dry before priming and paintingI need to repaint my hallway, the kids have had an artist touch. What do I wash the walls with before I paint?
Clean any spots that might cause paint not to stick to it and then paint the wall with Kitz. It will block most things from bleeding Through. Also get the better grade of kitz it covers much better than the basic one.
Paint it white first and then paint the colour you want, the colour comes out better.
No reason to clean, just paint over it. If you are repainting a light color, then you might need two or more coats.
Use Kilz first you will find it at the paint store. Best of Luck.
Mr. Clean magic eraser and just wipe down with water.





Prime and paint :)
I have always used Murphy's Oil Soap and water on my walls. Then paint.
Ask at any hardware store...they hear this all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment