Monday, December 21, 2009

Do I really need to wash the walls in my house? I have never done this and it is 2 story. ?

Or is it something that clean freaks do. I am clean, but never thought about the walls besides the scuffs, i get those. I never did walls growing up.Do I really need to wash the walls in my house? I have never done this and it is 2 story. ?
Make sure your paint is washable and freak away!!!!! Seriously though a good going over and your house will look fabulous. I used to wash all everything about every five years or so. Take it one room a month until it is done. Or if you are inclined git r done. Mr clean magic erasers are fabulous I love them.Do I really need to wash the walls in my house? I have never done this and it is 2 story. ?
Yes you do, a lot of germs collect on the walls since they are commonly touched, it would be a good idea to clean your walls. It doesn't have to be done every week, but a monthly clean wouldn't hurt. Especially with kids around (if you have any) it is easier for them to get sick.
It's only necessary to wash them about every 3 - 4 months. The only thing that actually needs to be taken care of on a day-to-day basis are dirty spots on the wall.
We wash our walls during spring %26amp; fall cleaning. Usually repaint every 3 years or so. But they're your walls, wash them if you feel the need, if you don't think there is a need I wouldn't bother with it.
If you have lived in the house for several years and you smoke in the house or have a kerosene heater or fireplace, then you may want to consider a fresh paint job to freshen up the space. If you find that is cost prohibitive, then you seriously need to consider washing the walls, especially in the kitchen area where a lot of cooking can really ruin the walls.
no
You've NEVER washed the walls? They get just as dirty as the floors you know.
my fam would do it once every 2 years i'd say for the kitchen! it gets greasy in there even if you don't know it. %26amp; my grandma would smoke inside %26amp; her walls needed to be washed cause they would turn yellow. otherwise, i only ever get the hand smudges around light switches %26amp; things like that. i wouldn't start it unless you have time to finish!!! maybe paint instead
I used to when there were smokers in the home but since having a non smoking home, I haven't seen the need for it other than to vacuum occasionally and wipe around switches. I do still wash the bathroom and kitchen walls
No i never do. Sometimes around light switches the wall gets a little dirty after time and it doesn't hurt to take a wash cloth with some cleaner to get it off, but you don't necessarily have to wash down an entire wall. If a wall get's too horrible bad I just repaint it, it's faster.
I Vac my walls once a month. Dust collects on them the same as anywhere else. I do wash them in the spring with a little cleaner and a soft sponge mop. The kitchen twice a year because of cooking. If you smoke it makes the wall turn yellow with tar so you defiantly want to wash them. But yes like I said walls to collect dust so it doesn't hurt to clean them like you would anything else in your house.
clean freaks do it, only wash them if you are planning on painting
i dont think u do
You don't have to , but they will look nicer. I have a cleaning business and the best, fastest , and easiest way to wash wall ever is by using something called a ';Sh-mop'; or I believe O'Cedar makes one also. It's a long plastic handle with a flat swivel head attatched. It comes with an elasic terry cloth piece that fits over the flat swivel head. Fill a bucket with warm water add a very little bit of mild dishsoap. Wet the terry cloth cover and start washing. It will reach very high spots,ceilings ect.
dust or vacuum them. They do get dusty. I don't actually wash them though.





Of course, I paint them frequently enough that I don't have to worry about it.
Mostly a clean freak thing, i am one. But they do get just as dirty as the floors...I hope you are cleaning those. And, in washing them, you can contribute to the inside of your house smelling better. Same effect as having your carpets cleaned. If your walls are white, and get really dirty, ( don't know if you have kids or not) they can kinda cancel out a clean look and feeling in your house.

No comments:

Post a Comment