Monday, December 21, 2009

What can I wash the walls with?

My living room walls are magnolia and are quite grubby (baby hand prints etc). I live in a rented house so I need to know what to use to not cause any damage. I don't want to repaint! Would sugar soap do anything? It looks like normal house paint, I don't know the difference between emulsion or any other paint. ThanksWhat can I wash the walls with?
Sugar soap or just some soapy water. Do a patch test firstWhat can I wash the walls with?
Mr. Clean Magic erasers.





HOPE I HELPED!!


~*-`
Mr Muscle kitchen cleaner is pretty good but warm water with washing powder and mix in a little bleach. The only thing is, you'll have to wash all the wall because it'll be very noticeable if you dont
use a gentle soap, nothing with ammonia, that will begin to remove a water based paint.
sugar soap might take the paint off the wall if you just want to wash the walls to make them clean I would use flash all purpose cleaner it has a nice clean fresh smell too
get u a Mr eraser... they work great
a liquid
yes sugar soap will bring off all the dirt and grease the only thing it will make the paint look a bit dull and flat but it does clean it up very well,, the walls and ceiling are usually painted with emulsion.. either matt or silk ..so shiny ..silk or flat ..matt the woodwork has gloss that is shiny and hard wearing .
yep that should do it.. sugar soap is good for such things





as long as you dry it out also.. e.g. heating or using another DRY sponge after to wipe away excess water.





just take care if there are any wall sockets, make sure u don't get water near them.
Yes sugar soap works wonders , make sure you wear rubber gloves as its hard on skin.
MR Clean,And if its real bad you could use SOS pads ,but only on hard surfaces, but MR Clean is the best
Sugar soap
if the paint is flat, forget it! if it has any gloss use dawn and water with a soft sponge

No comments:

Post a Comment