Friday, January 8, 2010

What Can I Use To Wash My Walls.......?

I live in a very old house right on a main drag in town. My walls have flat based paint and are covered in some sort of ';sooty'; film. I tried washing them with Windex, then I tried vinegar, I even tried bleach but no matter how many times I go over them, they still streak!!! Does anyone know of a product that will really clean this awful sooty film off???What Can I Use To Wash My Walls.......?
Nothing will clean flat paint. The only thing you can do is repaint with a satin or eggshell sheenWhat Can I Use To Wash My Walls.......?
Hi if it is interior walls try sugar-soap.(in UK)


start from the bottom and work up that way when the dirty water at the top runs down the wall it runs over the wet clean surface then rinse the lot should stop it streaking
Are we talking the outside walls? If so, go to the hardware store/home center and get some TSP (TriSodiumPhosphate) concentrate and mix that up. It will still take some scrubbing.
TSP

No comments:

Post a Comment