Friday, January 8, 2010

Best paint that will not come off if you wash the wall with soap and water?

Satin paint is durable and washable. they do sell paints that are intended for scrubbing such as Ben Moore Regal Matte, Duration Home Matte. don鈥檛 use flat that鈥檚 generally a ceiling paint and gloss shows every imperfection. Go to Lowe's or home depot and ask to look at scrubable-washable wall paints they will usually be called a lo-luster, satin, matt, aqua, these are all latex based paints.





Best paint that will not come off if you wash the wall with soap and water?
First, I'd stick with Ben Moore paints because I have found it to be the best. Flat might come off slightly when washing, but if you are inclined to use a Magic Eraser it will take the sheen off the walls of even an Egg Shell finish. So I'm sticking with a flat finish that can easily be touched up again with left over paint. Ben Moore is such a quality paint that you'd have to scrub it an awful lot before you'd see the paint diminish. Best paint that will not come off if you wash the wall with soap and water?
My experience with this is that flat paint comes off if you wash the wall, but any other sheen, like eggshell or satin, stays on the wall very well when you wash or scrub it. The higher the gloss, the easier it is to wash, but you get much shinier than satin, and it's kind of hard to apply.
Just about any interior semi gloss paint can be wiped down. I have used it in my bathroom which gets all steamed up, and it wipes down without any paint coming off.
I would think any name brand semi gloss wall paint. The more gloss the harder the paint surface, therefore the easy er to clean.
I am starting to use kwal liquid vinyl paints,both interior and exterior.I just completed a 3300 sq ft home exterior job,I liked the way it sprayed and layed down.So far I'm pleased.





My Best
flat

No comments:

Post a Comment