Friday, January 8, 2010

Our house smells stale. I have steamed the carpets, washed walls, what can I do to make it smell fresher?

I had the same problem. It might be moist air. I bought these things that you hang up (they are for closets) and they trap the moisture inside. I have to tell you my room was much fresher afterwards. You can get them in the drug store, sorry I can't remember what it was called.


Oh! There is one on the market called Damp Rid.Our house smells stale. I have steamed the carpets, washed walls, what can I do to make it smell fresher?
a lot of the time you just need to give it a good airing. if the weather is ok open the windows front and back and let the wind blow throughOur house smells stale. I have steamed the carpets, washed walls, what can I do to make it smell fresher?
Take down your curtains, wash them, line dry them, and open up your windows, and leave them for a day or so...also take some bowls filled with baking soda, and sit them around the house.
Steam clean the carpets again adding some white vinegar to the solution. Make sure you don't have any water leaks anywhere including inside walls that can be causing mold. I recently pulled up the flooring in the bathroom to find that there was moisture under the tile. Re-caulked the shower now all is well. Also, steam clean the furniture with the vinegar solution if fabric tolerates. Febreeze the mattresses and furniture you cannot clean.
Leave the windows open for a few days, get some fresh air. It's spring.
open the windows and put fans in front for a day spray lemon scent or some other scent in front of the fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment