Friday, January 8, 2010

Does anyone use a particular sponge or rag when cleaning walls? Has anyone used a steamer to wash walls?

My paint is a flat paint and my walls aren't that bad, but I have a very bad back and I'm searching for things that will help me get the job done without putting myself in traction for a year! I purchased a portable steamer and thought I could either put a cloth over it (like doing floors) but I haven't tried it yet. I can't believe someone still hasn't come out with a ';spray on, whipe off'; wall cleaner!Does anyone use a particular sponge or rag when cleaning walls? Has anyone used a steamer to wash walls?
Mix 1⁄2 cup vinegar, 1 cup clear ammonia, 1⁄4 cup baking soda, and 1 gallon warm water. Caution: Wear rubber gloves, and work in a well-ventilated area when using this powerful solution.


Apply to the wall with a sponge, and rinse with clear water. If your walls have a rough texture, use old nylon stockings or socks rather than a sponge because they won't tear and leave difficult-to-remove bits on the surface.Does anyone use a particular sponge or rag when cleaning walls? Has anyone used a steamer to wash walls?
My Mr. Clean Magic Eraser works wonders on the wall. If there is some way to attach that to the end of a pole or something, it may help save your back.

No comments:

Post a Comment